My Secret Diet Plan
As of last weekend, 2012 Log Rolling competition season is OVER! I am now switching gears from flannel and shin bruises to high heels and bikinis for the 2012 Fitness Competition Season.
I have a few days of "cheat eating" until the strict contest diet starts.
My most common question from clients and friends is, "What are your diet secrets before competition?"
For the first time in 13 years of competing in fitness, I will now reveal my nutrition secrets. Enjoy.
• The evening of and day after a competition (fitness or log rolling) any food is fair game. The calories don’t count.
• When eating baked goods such as cookies and brownies if broken in half, they are only half the calories, no matter how many halves are eaten. The same rule applies to quarters, eighths, etc.
• If you do not look at the nutrition information on the package, the calories also do not count.
• Anything can be made instantly nutritious just by adding spinach. Including ice cream.
• In order to burn fat, fuel from carbohydrates is essential. Carbohydrates from ice cream or frozen custard are recommended.
• Hydration is key to health, fitness and weight loss. If not enough water is taken in throughout the day, ice cream is actually considered a fluid and is a great replacement.
As you can see, ice cream is an essential part of a training diet. Just like any good trainer, I will also provide recommended brands:
#1 Ben and Jerry’s Mint Chocolate Cookie
#2 Michael’s Frozen Custard anything
#3 Bryer’s Natural Vanilla
#4 Wendy’s Chocolate Frosty
And this, my friends, is why I am a trainer, and not a nutritionist.