Monday, July 02, 2001

Oh wow. What a weekend. I don't even think it was worth it. No, I lied. Going to the Huntington's Disease convention and seeing all of those wonderful people is always worth it. It's just the airplanes that get me. Here's my weekend...it's long...be ready.
So I have one of the most psycho days of my life on Thursday trying to get ready. I found out last minute that the pictures I was supposed to submit to Muscle and Fitness were due in three days. So I grabbed my friend Jessica, took some REALLY quick pictures (which didn't turn out all that well), got them developed in an hour, and send them priority mail. Then I had to pack and pay bills. I made it to my plane in one piece though. But this is where it gets interesting. So I make it into O'Hare, and have a two hour wait for my plane. Board the plane, it leaves late as usual, nothing special. So we fly for about an hour, then they make an announcement that one of the landing gears is stuck out. So we had to fly back to O'Hare. Not only that, but when we got there, we have to circle the airport for two hours because the plane was too heavy with fuel. Then about two or three hours were spent at the airport being moved around and them telling us the plane will be fixed soon. Then there was an announcement that the crew was too tired and we would have to wait until the next day to get our flight. So we all got put up in a hotel. It took about an hour to get to it. Once there, there were 250 of us, and one hotel clerk. So only about five people were actually able to get rooms. Some of us decided to try to sleep in the lobby, but it was so cold, and we were so frustrated, that there wasn't much snoozing. Then it was time to go back to the airport. We finally got our flight to San Diego, and were quite relived to be there. I was so tired, that what was left of the convention on Friday, I don't really remember. A bunch of us did skip out of a few sessions and went to the beach. Of course I was so tired I didn't even want to try surfing...I just slept on my towel. Normally I wouldn't have been such a party pooper, but I was SO stinkin tired.
The next day was full of great informational sessions. I took breaks throughout the day and laid by the pool. The weather was BEAUTIFUL! Plus the resort we were at was incredible. There were four pools, and about 7 different buildings with rooms. The whole place was filled with roses, gazebos, walkways...wow it was pretty. So all day at the convention. I got to meet some more amazing people with amazing stories as usual. That night was the usual banquet and dancing. I was up until about 1am dancing, then I had to hit the hay. I had to be up at 6am to catch my plane and leave again. I won't go into details about the awful plane trip back, but let's just say it was jam packed with delays, taxiing, and cranky people (including me). But when I finally did arrive back in Madison, my whole family was there waiting for me, which was very nice. My third cousin Della, her husband, and daughter, along with my mom and dad. Though I was very tired, we all had a nice dinner.
Today I still wasn't caught up on sleep. I struggled through, work, school, karate, and cardio karate. But overall it was a good day. I had my first day of class, working with disabled people. It's a great group of people, and I have some pretty cool ideas of what kind of exercise programs I will put them on. And though I was super tired tonight, it felt good to get into karate and cardio karate.
The thing about that cardio karate class it that it's pretty easy...and kinda boring. Which is good and bad. I'm glad it's kind of easy, so that I don't have to worry about getting too tired to talk when I finally start teaching it. Also, I know that I will have a MUCH more enthusiastic class when I teach it. Hopefully that will draw more people...hopefully. But it sucks for now because before I get certified, I have to take a bunch of classes...and I'm really not getting a whole lot out of them. Oh well.
So to add to the craziness of my life, I totally forgot I was supposed to meet with the guy from channel 15 tomorrow to do some filming on logrolling. Not only am I not able to do it because I have class, my dad is gone with the van, so I have no way of getting the logs to the lake. Opps. We decided instead to go to my mom's nursing home out in Mt. Horeb and do some filming out there. I'm really glad he is including Huntington's disease in his story, it will mean a lot to the HD community and my mom.
Alright, enough babble. I was supposed to go home and see my dad and cousin before them left tonight, but they aren't even back from Noah's Ark (the waterpark) yet! I'm so tired, I'm going to have to get to bed. I feel bad for not being able to spend more time with them. But I have GOT to sleep. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home