Friday, June 15, 2001

Hi! So far, today has been far from uneventful. It all started this morning when I went for a run. My roommate was just getting up...but he usually takes about two hours to get ready. I only went for a 25 minute run. But when I got back, his car was gone, and the door was locked. So Shana has no keys, no phone, nothing. It was 7:30 am and pouring rain. Normally this wouldn't have been that bad of a situation, but today was the morning of my lifeguard test on the other side of town. Not cool. So what do I do? Cry. They I ran around looking for somebody with a cell phone. Of course nobody has one. Then I run to the Open Pantry about a half mile away. Just my luck, they were struck by lightning last night and their phones didn't work. By this point I was a wreck. I finally found somebody to give me $.35 so I could use the pay phone. Doug had to leave work and come all of the way back home. Of course he was pissed...but in my eyes, it was his fault. (Okay, not totally, but I like to always blame other people). I mean, my car was still in the driveway, and my keys were hanging on the hook right next to the door!!! But he still left! Oh well, I was only 15 minutes late for the test and I didn't miss anything. I aced both tests, and I'm now a certified lifeguard. What am I going to do with that certification...? I have no stinkin clue. But if I ever want to be a lifeguard, I can. :) Plus I needed the first aid and CPR certifications to graduate UW with my degree.
After all of that I came home and took a three hour nap. Then I stuffed myself with food and went off to Karate. Okay, here's a story. The Karate instructor, Jeff Quirk, used to be my boyfriend way back in the day. I obviously see him all the time because he is my instructor, but it's also quite different. So anyway, he took this weekend off to be with his girlfriend. The first thing that runs through my mind was that he never did that to spend time with me. And because of his job, we NEVER saw each other. To make things worse, he actually brought her in today...even though he wasn't teaching. Now, obviously I've moved on, I love Mike VERY much. But GOD that jealous feeling sure does like to creep up on ya. I mean, she wasn't even pretty. I don't know, it was just an interesting situation. It was funny though...all of the ladies in my class were like, "Don't worry Shana...you are MUCH prettier." I thought that was pretty funny. Anyway, I'm over it now, it was just a little shock.
Then I went to Madtown to work at open gym. All of like 20 kids showed up, so I got to leave early. I stuffed my face once again, and now I'm waiting for Mike to get into Madison. I should probably go shower first though, eh? It's been a while since these legs have been shaved....hehehe.
Bright and early tomorrow morning, my friend Tim and I are doing "Gear Up Madison", a 30 mile bike ride through the area. It should be fun, I hope. But I really do need to take a shower now...BYE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home