Sunday, June 24, 2001

Whew, what a weekend. It was actually quite fun. I drove up pretty early on Friday, and Travis crapped out on me again logrolling. So I went to visit Mike at his job. He was right...the place he works at is a toy store for guys. It's a home electronics place, complete with home theatres, sound systems, security systems, and yada yada. Mike just recently made a website for this place...he whipped this thing up in a few hours....it's not done yet, but SUPER good so far! So I hung out there with him for a while until he was done. Then we walked out to the end of the dike on the St Croix river and played on the beach. I love summer! We decided to just have a relaxed night, so we rented the DVD Hollow Man. It was SUPER good...but I was SO SCARED!
On Saturday we went to Willow Falls state park. I love hiking...it's so much fun. But hiking with Mike is a bit different. It's actually quite dangerous. The trail is meaningless to him. So him and I ended up hiking across the rapids, then climbing across this wall for like ever. (I sure hope my daddy isn't reading this!!!) It was SO scary. But when we got to where he was taking us, it was totally worth is. That area is so pretty.
Then we went to the beach for the rest of the afternoon. It was so nice to relax and watch the kids. If I could find a way to bottle up kids' energy, and sell it to adults, I would be one rich girl.
Later, I went into the cities to do some logrolling with J.R. Not only is he an incredible logroller, but he's a great teacher too. I think I learned more rolling him in that hour than I ever have logrolling. Now I just have to practice it and put it to good use.
Then I went back to Hudson and we watched Pay it Forward at his friend Matt's house. Another good movie. I love having time to relax.
Today I slept in until 10am (yikes!) and sat around watching T.V. until 4pm. Talk about lazy. But I totally needed it. Now I'm back in Madison gearing up for another exciting day at work tomorrow. So....yeah. I'm going to bed now. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home