Wednesday, July 04, 2001

Hola. Okay...yesterday and today...what happened? Oh yeah. Yesterday was a pretty stressful, strange day as usual. I went for a great run, then went to class. Quick story...when I got back from my run, I heard a meow. I tried to figure out where the cat was that was doing it. I turned around and saw that Ezra was standing at the screen door.....she actually MEOWED!!! All she has ever done in the past was squeak. I was so proud! I felt like another who's child said it's first word! k...story's done now. Where was I? Oh yeah, class. I began working with a very interesting man who had a compound fracture in his leg a few years back. It happened while he was running, and nobody can figure out how. He's also had many surprise knee injuries as well. I sure hope he doesn't break while I'm working with him! Through working with him, I began to realize how many people have NO CLUE how important weight training is. This man has been an athlete for many years, yet has never set foot in a weight room. Thus he is inflexible, his muscles are imbalanced, and his overall body is awkward. I hope I can help fix things up for him over the next month.
Anyway, after class, I had another interview with the Channel 15 guy. He actually came out to my mom's nursing home and asked me about Huntington's Disease with my mom there. It was a wonderful experience....my mom loved it! All of the nurses were very excited as well. They even put make-up on my mom! I don't even think my mom wore make-up at her wedding!!! I will post when this news story will be aired. He said it should be sometime before I leave for the ESPN Great Outdoor Games on Wednesday.
I then had lunch with my cousins and dad before they headed back down south. I felt bad that I was not able to go with them, but this is the busiest summer of my life. Between work, school, karate, logrolling, and the triathlon this weekend, there was no way. The consequence? Me sitting at home alone typing on the computer while everybody else is out watching fireworks.
After lunch I worked, then went rolling with Kent and Megan. Man were my legs tired after that! We got in a GREAT workout!
Today I opened the club and worked there until noon (when it closed). Then I biked the course of this weekend's triathlon with Ben, Brian, Scooter, and Lisa. It's a great course, not too hilly...but enough to get some great speed.
Surprisingly enough, many stores were open today, so I got some errands done. I got a new Nike swimsuit, and a kick ass speedometer for my bike! Plus a bunch of other stuff that I needed. I've just been cleaning around the house tonight, and packing things for this weekend, and the triathlon on Sunday.
Mike comes to Madison tomorrow...and I only have to work for a little bit. We're going to Devil's Lake state park to do some hiking and swimming. I'm so excited! Finally, a relaxing day. But tomorrow won't be too relaxing if I don't get to bed soon...goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home