Friday, September 06, 2002

Where Have All The Flowers Gone?

This morning I came up with some new words to one of my favorite childhood songs by Pete Seeger:

Where has all my free time gone?
Long time passing.
Where has all my free time gone?
Long time ago.
Where has all my free time gone?
Gone to classes, the IronMan, Supreme Health and Fitness, Logrolling school, Kinesiology Club, Fitness competition prep, HDSA, Adapted Fitness student help, UW Athlete Mentor Program, Lumberjack Shows, Madtown Twisters Gymnastics, homework, Cardio Karate, Personal Trainer Certifications, and my messy roommate everyone.
Oh, when will she ever learn?
When will she ever learn?

So I figured that no longer having my days filled with track practice and track functions, I would have all of this time to sit back, relax, and enjoy my last semester...so I figured WAY wrong.  But don't get me wrong here, I am in no way not enjoying my last semester.  If I didn't want to do any of this stuff, I wouldn't.  Okay, I take that back.  I don't want to go to classes and do homework...but I'm kind of stuck with that for a few more months. 

Last night was a bit crazy to say the least.  After a full day of classes that started at 7:45am, I had a meeting for the IronMan.  This whole Ironman thing is turning out to be a LOT more work than I had expected...but it's also looking to me more and more fun everyday.  Then off to logrolling class.  I was super excited because this is the first week with the new logs Jamie just made for the class.  So I get to the YMCA and there are about 4 thousand kids there for my class!  (Okay, not 4 thousand, but a LOT.)  Most of the kids that are normally in my class were stuck on the waiting list.  A waiting list for my logrolling class???  It was CRAZY!  I encountered many problems with the newly painted logs.  First of all, the painted part was WAY too slippery to hold on to...so that did not go very well.  Second, the paint had dried into sharp points which cut the heck out of my legs.  But I will have that all taken care of by next week.  I'm actually hoping the YMCA will give me another night to teach logrolling so that all of the interested people can join.  I came home exhausted, starving, and quite cranky from the long day.  Luckily I had a hysterical phone conversation with Miles.  I don't think he planed for it to be hysterical...but it sure turned out that way.  :)

    So my aid station for the Ironman is going to ROCK!  It's located at the Kohl Center and our theme is Badger Pride.  Bucky, many UW athletes, some poms girls, and others will be there!  There will be tons of food for everybody, as well as a prime viewing area for the triathlon.  I still need a few more volunteers if anybody is interested.  The website I put together for my aid station is at:

 http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~shanamartin/Ironman.htm

Have a great day everybody!


 


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home