Tuesday, July 30, 2002

Here, There, and Everywhere

Above is a picture of me running the boom during finals at the Lumberjack World Championships last weekend.  I totally blew it and wiped out right after this picture.  I still ended up in fourth place though. 
I just got back from Hayward yesterday, and I leave for Florida tomorrow.  When I get back from Florida next week, I leave for Michigan.  Yikes!  Plenty of traveling in my schedule.
So I competed at the Lumberjack World Championships in Hayward, WI last weekend.  I'm not going to write out the play by play like I did for Lake Placid...I'm too lazy to do that again.  I did not end up as well as I would have liked.  I placed eighth <gag> in logrolling and fourth in the boom run.  Despite the fact that I ended up in eighth for logrolling, I had some awesome matches and rolled really well...my opponents just happened to roll a bit better.  :)  So again I end this lumberjack season with the same fire to train as I did last year.  Whoa, I'm starting to sound like J.R. on here...my bad.

Besides the competition we had a blast last weekend.  I stayed in a room with Travis, Jamie, and Lori.  Friday night we went out and saw Austin Powers 3...holy crap I never laughed so hard in my life.  We missed half of the jokes because we were laughing so hard.  I'm going to have to see it again and be sure to laugh at different jokes next time.  :)  Sunday night was also a blast as usual.  Travis and Lori left early, so I went out with Jamie...after we got our cheap motel room...hahaha.  It was a fun night filled with dancing and hanging out with old friends. 

Today I got all packed up for Florida and visited my mom.  I also hung out with Bryan for a bit tonight before he left for nationals...good luck Bryan!

Since my grandparents are not too into the whole internet thing, I probably won't post for the next week. 

I'd like to end this post with some quotes of my weekend in Hayward:

  • "Hey Tyler, I'll give you $100 if you can catch that rabbit." -Travis right before Tyler spent about 10 minutes in the woods trying to catch the stupid rabbit.

  • "Because we suck." - Travis's detailed explanation on why neither of us medaled.

  • "I don't know...because he's just, well, GOOFY." - Dan's reasoning for why Darren shouldn't win his match.

  • "How old are you?" - Tyler's only words to me all weekend.

  • "It's a RHODE ISLAND.  HA!  I got it right this time!" - Jamie

  • "Where's Mandy?" -Cassidy, Doug, Jamie, and just about every guy out that night.

  • "Hey Dion, go grab her butt." -The guys to the big chopper Dion...followed by a loud shreak from me a few minutes later.

  • "Yeah, I saw you on TV.  You were the one who squeaked, then smashed into the dock." -Doug's Friend

  • "I'm going to make it across the boom totally naked." -Nate at 2am

  • "Uhh, Jeff...maybe we shouldn't hook up the boom right now..." -Cassidy at 2:30am with Jeff in the middle of the lake

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home