Friday, August 09, 2002

Back From Florida…still not home

Well that was most defiantly an exciting week. Again, I won’t go into details about it, but we did have a good time!
After my dad and I arrived in Evansville, we picked up my cousins Heather and Amy, and my Aunt and Uncle. All packed up in the van, we drove for two days down to Sarasota, Florida to visit my grandparents, uncle, and other cousin Ashley.
On Saturday we relaxed and walked around Longboat key.
Sunday was beach day. Gail and Ray (my dad’s sister and her husband) got fried to the max. For once the kids were actually the smart ones with the sunscreen. Amy found herself guy as always, and Heather and I tried unsuccessfully as usual. That night we had a fancy seafood dinner with my grandparents. I slept over at my cousin Ashley’s (who happens to be the cutest, most well mannered kid I have ever met).
Early the next day we left for Busch Gardens in Tampa, Florida. We spent the day there, saw some shows, rode some rides, and then crashed at the hotel. The next few days were filled with driving. I’ll have pictures from this trip as well as some of my cousin Ashley up when I get back to Madison.
Now I’m chillin in Ann Arbor, Michigan with my friend Kevin Alschuler for a little vacation time of my own. Tomorrow and Sunday we are going to go down to Ohio to watch his uncle race. There is a SLIGHT chance that I may meet the man of my dreams. Who might that be? NICK CARTER! So, yeah, I’ve only been obsessed with the Backstreet Boys and Nick since I was 14…now my dreams of meeting him are getting even closer to coming true! Okay, so he probably won’t be there, but a girl can always hope, right?
Today Kevin and I are going to go for a run (which I hardcore need since I have done nothing all week but eat) then I get the grand tour of campus. I’ve gotten into a habit of ending these trip messages with some quotes…so here they come:

  • "buuuuuuuuurp" – Heather every 5 minutes the entire trip.

  • "Can we stop at the bathroom?" – Gail every 5 minutes the entire trip.

  • "Justin…blah blah blah…Justin…blah…Justin…blah blah blah blah…Justin." – Heather the entire trip.

  • "I’m going to meet Nick Carter in (fill in the blank) days!" –Shana every 5 minutes of the entire trip.

  • "How do you get this stupid #&^*%!* gate open??!!" · – Me and Amy trying to open the wrong end of the pool gate at Motel 6.

  • "Excuse us…we’re on a mission!" · – Me and Amy entering Siesta Key beach looking for guys.

  • "Oh my good lord" – Everybody on the beach when the nasty guy in a thong passed by.

  • "God Bless America!" – Amy’s new boytoy’s first comment when we walked by him. (She was wearing an American Flag Bikini.)

  • "Our ur ur ur ur ur…" –Me making fun of Aunt Gail when Heather threw a piece of crabmeat at her.

  • "I drink, and the kids get crazy." – Uncle Ray

  • "…and he has to have a big dick." –Aunt Gail explaining the essentials of the perfect husband.

  • "One cherry, two cherry, three…no, wait, never mind." – Aunt Gail getting me back for the Sea Otter joke.

  • "This is NOT COMFORTABLE!" –Me hanging upside down off the bow of the play area boat with water shooting up my butt…while Heather and Amy kept taking pictures.

  • "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…BAM." –The elevator guy for Ruby Falls Cave, pretending to fall down the shaft and scaring the crap out of all of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home