Wednesday, September 04, 2002

Never Take Time for Granted

    Today I learned a very important lesson...never put off telling somebody how you feel, because it may be the last time you see them.  Many of you know I TA an Adapted Fitness class.  We work with people with a variety of disabilities from around the community and help them incorporate exercise into their lives.  A wonderful man that I had become very close to over the past year stopped breathing the other day and was put on life support.  I told the professor I would visit him at the hospital at 9:30 today.  I heard news that things were looking up for him, he had began to breathe on his own.  So I ended up taking an extra long shower and didn't have enough time to visit him.  I have a lot more free time tomorrow, so I figured I would stop by then.  I just got an e-mail that he passed away this afternoon.  I missed my chance.  All because I took a long shower.  Tonight I have spent quite a bit of time reflecting on how quickly somebody special can be taken from you, and that telling somebody how much they mean to you should never be put off.  May you rest in peace Lester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home