Sunday, September 22, 2002

Busy Busy Bee


Julie and myself at my aid station for the Ironman Wisconsin Triathlon

Yeah, yeah, so I haven't posted something in ions.  So much has happened...I have trouble finding time to sit down and write about it!

Okay, where to start?  Since the picture up there is from the Ironman, I will start there.  It was stressful getting ready for it, it was stressful all day, but man oh man did I have a blast.  I think all of my volunteers did as well.  I was in charge of aid station #3 at the Kohl Center and as you can see behind me it was no small station.  I had 120 awesome volunteers and was there for 17 hours.  We got pretty loony by around 10pm.  I must say, those athletes are so inspiring.  Not only are they incredibly dedicated hard workers, they are SO NICE.  Early afternoon I heard somebody yell, "Yeah Shana!  Nice Job...keep it up!" Turns out it was my friend Nate who I had trained with earlier in the summer who was competing.  I couldn't believe it...he was cheering for me with all of the work he was doing.  That was without a doubt my most memorable moment of the day.  Or maybe it was Doug's antics with my moped...?

Next on the list: Homecoming Court.  Last year I applied and made it to the final cut, but just missed getting onto court.  I had no idea how bad I wanted to be a part of that until I didn't make it.  This year I applied again.  For some reason, it's all I can think about.  I want more than anything to represent this wonderful school my last semester here.  Tomorrow morning I find out if I made it to first-round interviews.  Wish me luck!

More big news.  In a round-about way, I have been offered the position as pole vault coach at a Wesleyan University in Connecticut.  That also happens to be the college that Miles is finishing up his masters work.  Who is Miles?  Don't ask...it's a long story that I MAY post if I have an extra six hours to write.  Anyway, this weekend I will be flying out there to check the place out and hang with Miles.  No worries, I have promised myself many times to never make the east coast my permanent address.  If I did take the job, I'd only have to stay for one season...then back to Madison! 

Besides all of this big news, there is always the little stuff.  I am still dieting for a fitness competition in early November.  The diet has been going well minus a few cheat days.  (That ice cream in my freezer the other night TOTALLY had it coming...serves it right for looking at me like that.)  Next on the list is getting my music cut, finding a choreographer, and finding a seamstress.  Along with the diet and training, I have been keeping busy teaching Cardio Karate and working at Supreme.  Not to mention my classes from hell this semester. Aren't seniors supposed to have it easy?  Especially fifth years? 

Today I have my Track Banquet (maybe if I totally dehydrate myself this morning, crying won't be inevitable).  I am also doing a few birthday parties at Madtown and writing a paper.  But I have to stop writing so I can get my workout in before the Banquet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home