Tuesday, August 21, 2001

Last week was very crazy...that is why I didn't post. Okay...so last weekend. How did it go? For those of you who didn't know, I competed at the Fitness America Regional Fitness Pageant in Milwaukee, WI.
I thought I did quite well. I didn't flub up my routine, and I was confident on stage. I was leaner than I had ever been, and felt great. So what happened? I didn't even make it into the top 10. There were twenty girls. It was very hard to stand on stage and watch those girls get their medals. To make things worse, we had to stay up there for another 20 minutes for picture after picture. I just wanted to get out of there. I didn't think I would be as upset as I was, but I got pretty emotional. I guess it was a combination of not eating, and reflecting back on how much work I had put into this. I mean, I didn't get to go to Dairy Queen once this summer! So anyway, I was walking back to the van with my dad and this Judge ran over to me. He told me that if it had been any other competition than fitness America, I would have done fine. He said that I had TOO MUCH muscle and was too lean. That was a shock. It's kind of hard to be told you trained too hard. But it did make me feel quite a bit better. Now I'm not really sure what to do for the fitness competition this coming weekend. It is sanctioned by a different group, so I'd assume I should stay lean. With my luck, they will tell me I'm not lean enough. I guess we'll have to see. But overall, I was happy with my performance, which I guess is what important. But if one more person tells me that I should be happy for being able to compete in fitness competitions, I'm gonna gag.
Oh, funny (well not so funny at the time) story. So I get home from Milwaukee around midnight. Mike was in town moving, and he had the key to my apartment. When he came over to let me in, he was like, "Shana, something happened to Elvis...." Elvis is my pet lizard. He's just a little guy, with a really large and long tail. What happened was Mike came over to move some of his stuff while I was in Milwaukee. When he went into my room there was a huge mess of screen and sand from Elvis's cage. But he wasn't in his cage. Ezra (the cat that I am taking care of for the summer) had gotten to him. The first thing Mike saw was his tail underneath my bed. He later found Elvis (still alive!) in the corner of my closet. That cat got a hold of Elvis and chewed his friggin tail off. I already had a bad day (with my placing at the fitness competition) so I just kinda lost it. My poor Elvis is only a few inches long now without his tail. I was told that it will probably grow back and that he will be okay, but he sure does look funny. For now, Ezra is banned from my room.
So I have one more week of this dieting crap. It's really hard to stay motivated to diet when you have somebody tell you you are too lean. But this is a different competition, and they will be looking for different things. I am also very excited about the trip to New York. Mike is coming along and we have all day Sunday to see the city. It's gonna be a blast!
Alright, I opened the health club this morning at 4:45 so I'm a bit out of it. Only an hour left of my shift, then I'm gonna take a nap! Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home