Friday, July 20, 2001

Hello! Get ready for a lot of whining and complaining, cause that's all I can really do about the last few days.
Wednesday I kinda sorta slept in, and missed my morning workout. Downhill from there. I worked all day (9am to 8pm) then went logrolling with Kent out at the Oregon pool. That actually didn't go so bad. I love practicing with Kent. But boy was I pooped by the end of that day! Oh but wait, the day was far from over. I was about to go to bed and I got a call from my dad. His van broke down in Mt. Horeb!!! So I had to drive all of the way there and pick him up. An hour and a half later I was back home and ready for bed. I had a bit of a belly ache from eating these sugar free jelly beans on my little car trip, but I didn't think much of it. Then I woke up at 2am. I've suffered some physical pain in my lifetime, but this was darn near the top of the list. I literally thought my stomach was going to explode. I was so full of gas I couldn't bend over, or turn to either side. I didn't know if I had to puke, go to the bathroom, or what! SO I called my daddy, then the doctor. Let me tell you something, Doctors aren't too happy about being called at 2am. Especially when it's "just gas". Anyway, to make a long story short, I was up most of the night being sick. I finally got all of the crap through my system, but not much sleep. No more sugar free Jelly Bellys for Shana.
So the next day (yesterday) was not fun because I was working on no sleep. I worked all day, then went home to no electricity. We don't have air conditioning here, but we do have many strategically placed fans. It was 95 degrees out and humid, with no air. Fun stuff. But the day gets even worse. I went to logrolling and the logs were in the far corner of the pool area. The pool director said that the health inspector made them move the logs. That didn't make any sense. Those (and many other) logs had been in the same spot for 30 friggin years. She showed me this "easy" system of how to get the logs in the water. It took 15 frickin minutes!!! Okay, so an extra half hour at logrolling every week; not too big of a deal. BUT, she never thought about getting the logs BACK to the spot they were at. After class the lifeguard and I spent around a half hour trying to get them back. We both strained our backs and nearly crushed our feet several times. And I'm supposed to do this by myself every week!!!!??? I was so mad I think I said several naughty words right in front of some of the parents, but I think they completely understood. I am so sick of the YMCA's crap. A few months ago they had to give me a review. One question was "knowledge of sport". The pool director game me a SATISFACTORY!!! Who in Madison knows more about this sport than I do??? I dare her to grab an average person off the street and ask them what they know about logrolling. Oh man, I need to have some words with the YMCA.
Okay, done griping. Today, I leave for Minnesota to see Mike and get some rolling in. This weekend will be fun and I will be in a much better mood when I get back. :) I'm already excited to get up there. We have some hardcore river tubing planned!!! So I'd better get packing and get out of here! Have a good weekend all!
P.S.- please read the post below. I know it is kinda deep, but it's an issue that is very important to me. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home