Thursday, August 02, 2001

Wow, this is an OLD picture of BSB. Cute though, eh?
Another long day of work. It was kind of cool...ESPN2 played the boom run finals several times. I wish they would have played the other rounds...where I actually did well. :) Anyway, it was cool to see some stuff on ESPN. SO MANY people saw it! Like EVERYBODY that came into the club today had seen me. I feel so special. hehehe. :)
Funny story. So this guy comes into the club today, dressed up all nice, wearing too much cologne. He was like, "My sons are the best athletes in Wisconsin. They are both being recruited by the top colleges in the nation. But unfortunately, they are wrestlers, and there is no money in wrestling after college. I don't want my sons to have to work for anybody else, I want them to both be professional athletes. How much money is there in pro racquetball?" I just about flipped! What a loser! I couldn't believe it! He wasn't going to let his kids wrestle in college because there is no money in it. BAH! So I had to jump on this one...I was like,"Do your kids enjoy wrestling?" He said, "Of course they do, they are both state champions." (Which is total crap, just because you are a state champ at something doesn't mean you enjoy it.) So I told him how important it is to let your kids do what they enjoy, rather than what will make the most money or make the parents happy. Oh man did I hit a nerve there. "I have worked with pro athletes in the past," he said. "I know how the world works, and I don't want to get into this." Then he stormed off. Oh man I was pissed. One thing that really gets me is a parent that gets too involved in their kids activities. Like the ones that are on the dock screaming at a judge because he didn't hold the pole for the logroller right.....or the parent who makes their gymnast do 10 pull ups and 50 pushups before bed each night. My dad did the right thing. He said me down when I was little and told me about several different sports. He let me choose. Because of that I wasn't forced into anything I didn't want to do. My dad has always been proud of me no matter how I finished in anything. I hope I will be able to do the same with my kids.
Okay, new subject....the sexy lifeguard at the YMCA. Turns out he is moving back to Cali, so I only got to watch him during logrolling for a month. :( Did I ever mention this guy is hot? Not just hot, we're talkin, holy smokes - tall - dark - handsome - and muscular - hot. In case you are reading this Mike......you know you are still the most wonderful guy, and I love you very much. :) But this lifeguard......woah man! Okay, I'm done now. :)
Well, gotta work early again tomorrow. Goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home