Sunday, July 29, 2001

That is a picture of my second place boom run out in Lake Placid a few weeks ago (I look a bit scary, eh?). Unfortunately the boom didn't go so well for me at Hayward. I didn't even make it to finals.
So yeah, I'm back from Hayward. Nothing too eventful this weekend. I picked up Megan on Thursday from her girl scout camp. I decided to watch a movie on my laptop on the way to Hayward while she drove. She kinda sorta missed a turn, and we ended up WAY off course. But that was a bit my fault too. :) Anyway, we found a shortcut and didn't get there too late.
Overall it was a fun weekend. Megan and I were kinda antisocial....we were totally pooped out from all of the rolling. So we spent most of the time hanging out at our hotel. K, to make a long story short, I lost my first match, won the second, then lost the third. I got a fall on the other person in all of my matches, unfortunately they got two before I did. :) But I had some awesome matches, and I know that if I train as much as those girls do, I could do good things.
Congrats to Megan who won the Senior girls division! Next year we're gonna get her some spikes and put her in semi-pro. It was also great to see Olivia and Kent out there.
Mike came out to watch on Saturday. It was so neat to show him my lumberjack life! He was much more excited to be there when he heard about the chain saws with snowmobile engines. hehehe.
So now I'm home safe and sound. All done with logrolling stuff for this summer. Now it's time to focus on my fitness routine and get that finished. Still dieting! K, I'm off too bed. Long day of work tomorrow....goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home