Sunday, June 23, 2002

Sore Legs

I just got back from Stillwater/Blaine/Hudson/Hayward.  A small two-day trip turned into a weekend-long logrolling adventure.  On Friday we ended up not rolling because the ponds were overflowing after the storm.  So I watched Harry Potter (FINALLY) then went Minneapolis to visit Zach. 

Saturday we did a whole lot of nothing in the morning, then we (me, Travis, Jamie, Lori, Tyler, Tanya, and Julie) took the huge van out to Hayward.  After chilling with J.R. for a while, we all practiced the boom run for about two hours.  I don't know about the rest of them, but my body was SHOT after that.  I was in rough shape.  I took one dive on the boom where I slid across one of the logs on my chest...good thing I don't have much of a chest, or else that could have hurt pretty bad.  After we killed ourselves on the boom, we all went go-carting.  I was unaware that little Tyler thought it was demolition go-cart, while he proceeded to spin my car so hard it flew into the tires and I got stuck.  Okay, it was more funny if you were there.

Today I rolled with the guys for three hours...we did an exhibition for a grand opening of a retirement home.  A bit strange...and nobody really watched, so we just got a lot of good practicing in.  If my body wasn't fully destroyed from Saturday, it got finished off royally today.  During our breaks, we participated in some mud fights, as well as full contact river pigging.  So I did skip my triathlon today...to get in another day of logrolling, but it was well worth it. 

So I had an awesome weekend: perfected a new "jet technique" on the boom run, learned about Jamie's tendencies toward J.R. (and why J.R. will win the boom), got covered in mud and leaches, got ripped on constantly, and fell in love with a kitty named Loco.  Way too much fun, I don't want to go back to work tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home