Monday, May 27, 2002

Too Much Fun

I’m sitting at the Raleigh/Durham airport right now.  It’s 5am.  I just had the best weekend I’ve had in a long time.  I almost didn’t want to come out here because I knew it would suck too much to leave…so now I’m at the sucky part of the trip. 

Thursday I got here fairly early and Jeff gave me a tour of the Duke campus.  It’s very hard to describe other than the fact it’s the most beautiful campus I’ve ever seen.  Duke is in the middle of a semi-scummy town, but it is basically it’s own world.  The University lies inside of Duke Forest; a person could drive all of the way around the campus and not even see it.  Anyway, Jeff took me to the Sarah Duke Gardens.  It was an endless garden with trails, streams, and ponds.  If I had a perfect GPA….and a LOT of money, I would totally have gone to school there.  Later, I got to meet the other pole vaulters from Duke.  What a cool group of people!!! 

Day 2 we did a whole lot of nothing all morning then went to see Star Wars Episode II.  All I can say is WOW.  It was such a great movie.  Plus, I have a new crush.  Maybe a slight crush on Jeff….but a HARDCORE one on Hayden Christianson (Anakin Skywalker). 

Day 3 again consisted of a whole lot of nothing (which was great!) then we went to a baseball game.  I had forgotten how much I enjoyed this great American pastime.  I was especially fond of the Dippin’ Dots.

Day 4 I was rudely awoken nice and early to go hiking.  We drove out to Pilot Mountain and hiked around there for quite a while.  It was very beautiful…especially when we were on the trail and not fearing for our lives in the woods.  That night Jeff cooked us all a nice dinner and we pigged out on ice cream. 

Now I’m at home, wishing I were back at Duke.  I’m getting a bunch of last minute jobs done before summer school and my internship start tomorrow.  I’ll get some pics up here once they are developed.  Bye!

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home