Wednesday, June 19, 2002

Seaweed Woman

In some stage of dementia, I signed up for a "swimming for triathletes" class that meets at 6:30am each morning at the lake.  The class started Monday.  Now, this is great because I do need to work on my swim portion of the triathlon; BUT...did I mention the class is at 6:30 in the morning?  Plus, the lake is about 33 degrees...I would not be surprised if I swim into a chunk of ice.  But hey, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right?  I would have posted more, but I've spent the past few days removing seaweed from parts of my body I didn't even know existed.

Yesterday (Tuesday) was also the first day of the Adapted Fitness class that I TA.  If anybody lives in the Madison area and is looking for an excellent volunteer opportunity, we need quite a bit of help.  I did get to meet a lot of new and interesting clients.  Each person's situation is individual, and I learn from every one of them.  Tara is also helping out with the class for the first two weeks.  She is so good with disabled people.  In fact, I haven't found a thing in this world that she isn't good at.  Maybe I should get her to try logrolling...

Speaking of logrolling, I went out to roll after my class yesterday.  Quade hung out with me for moral support.  It was a beautiful day, so many people stopped by to watch and learn about logrolling.  The funniest moment was when I crew shell went by in training.  The motor boat told them to take a rest and look at the shoreline, "I have never seen anything like this before...welcome to Wisconsin folks."  They were out of state training for some huge race.  As Brian so politely said yesterday, it's probably pretty freaky for somebody to walk by and see a girl on a log.  So now I'm a freak, super.  Not only is it a hardcore project to get Brian off of his bike for 5 minutes to hang out, now he's calling me a freak. 

I'd like to say a huge congrats to one of my best buddies Travis, who will be a daddy in January.  I can't believe this.  My friends are all becoming parents.  I don't even have a boyfriend...I think I'm a bit behind.  Travis will be a great dad...I just can't wait to watch him change the first poopy diaper.  I need to get that on tape. 

Alright, break is over...back to class. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home