Monday, September 24, 2001

What a day...and it's not even over yet. I seriously feel like the most spit-on person in the world right now. I'm going to start with track. Every year, track seems to be a popularity contest; like how things were in middle school. I had hoped this year would be a bit different, but no. It's worse. It seems like everybody spends their whole time trying to impress each other. I am constantly hearing, "this workout was way too easy, I don't even know what I am doing on this team if I can't get in a good workout once a day." When everybody knows perfectly well that we just did a very tough workout. I will admit, I am a culprit too. I don't want people to think I'm a weakling. I mean, I do take an aerobics class and karate almost everyday after track....but that is totally beside the point. The point is, no matter what I do, I just don't fit in. I'm, not "cool" enough to be part of the clicks that exist on the team. I am always the last person to get invited (if I am invited at all) to outside of practice events. Then people come back on Monday and talk all about the fun weekend everybody had. l When I act interested and want to hear more, I get totally ignored. There are a few girls on the team that must really dislike me. I try especially hard to be nice to them, and talk to them, but I am constantly being told my ideas are stupid and am ignored all of the time. Even people on the team who I am very close friends with are always planning things, and doing things behind my back without letting me know. Many times I have tried to plan team events or group trips, and not a single person would be interested. BUT somebody the next weekend would try to plan something and everybody would go. I don't know what to do. I always feel so left out all of the time. I have run out of ideas on how to fit in. All I know is I'm sick of crying. I hate being in a situation where everybody talks down to me, like I am a three year old. When I sit back and think, I realize all of my closest friends are spread out around the country. I don't have many in Madison...just a few acquaintances. I feel bad because Mike has all of these wonderful friends. I spend all of my time with him and his friends, and should probably give them all some space. I don't know. I realize I'm totally feeling sorry for myself right now, but all of this frustration has to come out somewhere. I just wish I knew how to fix all of this.
Anyway, I have another cranky story. Kinda funny when I think about it now. I have almost all of my classes at the Natatorium...the main Kinesiology Building on campus. Anyway, you are supposed to have your ID swiped before you go into the building, because it is also a workout facility, and they don't want people sneaking in. Well, this morning I was already late for class, and when I got to the Nat, I realized I had left my ID at my apartment. I asked if I could just give her my ID# (which they always used to let me do) and she said "no ID, no admittance." Now, in the time it would take for me to go all of the way home to get my ID and come back, the class would be mostly over already. So I argued....then the manager came over. He said, "sorry, there's nothing we can do. You don't have your ID, please leave the building." So I left and checked all of the doors around the Nat to see if any of them were open. Ofcourse none were. So I walked back in, went to the window and said, "I'm not skipping class because I don't have an ID, okay?" and went to my class. As I walked down the hallway, the girl screamed..."NO! That's NOT okay!" When class was over, the manager was waiting for me outside the door. He FRICKIN waited for me!!! Then I got yelled at some more. He said that every class allows three absences before it counts against your grade. He obviously must of forgot why people go to class. If I didn't go to that class, I would have missed a lectures worth of material which would have been on the test. What I didn't understand is that a University Employee was actually trying to keep me from going to class! If he didn't want me to go to class, he should have called me earlier so I could have slept in! Seriously though, I plan to write a heated letter to the Owners of that building on that policy. I pay plenty of money each semester to get an education, they have no right to keep me from going to my class.
ARGH! Maybe this day will get better. I have Karate, then a Student Athlete Advisory Board meeting, then out to dinner for a surprise birthday party! How fun are those!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home