Monday, September 17, 2001

 

My cousin sent me this picture with the phrase, "A picture speaks a thousand words." She was so right. My other cousin got to be on the news on Friday night for hosting a Candle lighting in her neighborhood. Good for her; it's wonderful how this whole country is coming together in light of this tragedy. Yet, if everybody loves each other so much right now, why did that guy flick me off while driving on University Ave. the other day? I guess road rage will always be around.
Wahoo!!! I am the Illinois State Champion in forms! I also got second in sparring (by one stinkin' point). Okay, so it was a ho-dunk meet, but I still won! That was yesterday. So I think I need to start back a few days before...
Wednesday went bye kind of quickly, spent most of my time listening to all of the sad news. That night I went to Madtown Twisters with Christine and Tara to play for a while. That really helped me get thing off of my mind...I sure was sore the next day!
Thursday was a normal school day...class all day, track, karate, logrolling, then bed.
Friday was the day of prayer, so there was no track practice. Doug was nice enough to let me off of work so that I could go the candlelight vigil at the Capitol. It was beautiful, thousands of people with candles, and patriotic music playing. I was kind of a party pooper last weekend, both Friday and Saturday nights I went to bed early.
On Saturday I went to the Huntington's Disease Society of America Wisconsin Chapter Meeting. It lasted most of the day and was very informative. The most interesting part was the lecture about stem cell research. There is a wonderful outlook for it's potential. Now if only we could convince those republicans how important it is........ I also got a chance to speak about the Huntington's Disease Society of America's National Youth Alliance, which I am an active member of. I just designed their website at: http://www.HDSAyouth.com They also showed my video of the ESPN Bio and the local news story on me and my Mom. It was a good day.
On Sunday I competed at the Karate Tournament...as I said before. Jabari came with me and we cleaned house. He won his division as well. I'm looking forward to competing a the Diamond Nationals. Sunday night I spent most of the evening doing homework. Not so fun. Oh well, at least I'm sticking with it.
Today was again a normal school day. Things were really wet and rainy, so all morning was spent in different classes being cold, wet, tired, and bored. Welcome back to school. grrr. Track practice was a bit tough too. Tonight I FINALLY opened up an account at the UW Credit Union. If you are from around here...GO THERE. M&I bank seemed to enjoy charging me random, "accidental" fees each month. This evening I made Mike dinner (aren't I nice), did homework, paid bills, and now I'm heading home home to go to bed. Goodnight all. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home