Friday, September 07, 2001

 

Yeah, yeah, yeah...so it's been like two weeks since I've written on here, but I have some good excuses! Last week I was working 12 hour days practically everyday. This week I am house sitting for my friend Megan's family. And on top of that I started school on Tuesday.
So I'm sitting here at The Ultimate Spa and Salon getting my hair foiled. You should see what I look like right now! I have hair all in my face, and I think I'm picking up a few radio stations with all of this foil in my hair. I originally came here to get a perm....I was looking for a big change. But Jay (this guy who is doing all of this) said there was no way my hair could stand a perm without falling out. So instead I'm getting some low-lights (these are all new terms to me). This guy is like a famous hair designer, so I doubt it will look too bad...but I'll check back tomorrow with the results.
Anyway....school started this week! I have a crazy nutso schedule. I didn't get into the theatre class I wanted, so instead I am working with the adapted fitness class again like I did last summer. It's a great class, and working with handicapped people is truly a wonderful and rewarding experience. So my basic day goes: wake up, work out, class all day, track, candidacy training for karate, quick dinner, bed. Plus I will be working on the weekends. ICK!I Hope I can make it through this year! At least my classes are interesting; hard, but interesting.
Oh guess what, guess what!!! I got my new moped on Wednesday! It's the COOLEST! It's a Tomos Targa....and it actually starts! (Unlike my old one). Plus it goes much faster. Unfortunately it doesn't have an electric start, but I think I can handle kick starting the thing. It's a good thing I have a scooter that works now, because while most of my classes are at the Nat (on the far west side of campus) I have one class in between that is in the Humanities building (far east side of campus) that is not walkable and hardly bikeable in the 15 minute break. Yippee for my scooter!
Hmmmm, what else? My head is starting to itch, I hope I get these foils out soon. Oh yeah, here's a bummer. After all of that work last summer, I have gained EVERYTHING back within two weeks of that last competition. Oh well, at least I have pictures. Speaking of pictures, I just got a bunch in from the Fitness America Pageant. I will scan those in and put them on the fitness page ASAP.
I just remembered something very cool that happened last week. So I didn't place as well as I would have liked to at the Fitness America Pageant. BUT, I got a phone call last week from the promoter of the show. There was a rep there from Valeo Sports looking for a model from the Midwest. I knew she was there, but after my placing in the competition, I didn't think much of it. Well, it turns out that she chose me!!! So here I am with this great modeling opportunity, and what do I do? I turned it down. I had to if I wanted to be eligible for my last year of track. Track is going so well right now, and I really don't want to give that up. I hope I made the right decision.
I'd better stop before this gets too long...oh wait it already is. hehe. Wish me luck on my foils. I promise to post more often in the future!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home