Thursday, January 12, 2006

Polar Plunge 2006! Please Donate!



On Saturday, February 18th, myself and a few brave folks from Supreme Health and Fitness will be jumping into a hole in the ice of lake Monona in support of our local Special Olympics.

The mission of the Special Olympics is "To provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with cognitive disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in the sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community."
In other words, enabling EVERYBODY, even those who suffer from disabilities, the chance to enjoy sports, and fitness.

Our team name is "Team Supreme Superheroes" which means I get to wear my Wonder Woman costume once again!

Now I would like to ask for some help. Yes, I'm asking for a bit of money. Even if it's only $2... anything will make a difference. To donate online, please visit my donation page. I promise pics of us freezing cold superheroes will be posted soon after the event!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home