Monday, December 26, 2005

A Martin Family Christmas

Back: Ron, Wes, Michelle, Daddy, Ray, Gail, Chris
Front: Amy, Me, Heather


Christmas 2005 is in the books. It started at midnight with a beautiful mass at Holy Rosary. I only slept through a few minutes… then we all slept in this morning. Lots of great presents and family time followed. Gail took the time to put together some beautiful old photos of my great grandparents, grandparents, and dad. They are so pretty in black and white frames. Heather and Amy once again were showered with gifts… but what’s new right? At least they enjoyed everything they got.

Tonight the whole family had an amazing Turkey dinner, and played “Would You Rather” (I had to lick Heather’s belly button and suck her big toe… way gross, but I won’t turn down a dare) and Apples to Apples. I haven’t laughed so hard in a long time.

We just got done watching family movies from my grandparents’ (who passed away several years ago) 50th wedding anniversary, and Christmas of ’88 and ’89. Heather and Amy were hysterical: beating the crap out of each other, and opening piles and piles of presents. It was also wonderful to see my mom in the videos; walking around (with a bit of trouble of course) and talking to everybody. I wanted to jump back to that day and give her a big hug to tell her how much I love her. Watching those videos brought back some of the happiest memories of my childhood, and what Christmas in Indiana is all about. I hope everybody had as wonderful of a Christmas as I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home