Wednesday, November 23, 2005

DONE!!!



Fitness season 2005 has finally come to and end. I finished 13th at the Fitness America Pageant, which satisfied my goal of making top 20. Next year I’ll shoot for top 10. Despite my satisfying finish, I couldn’t help but be a bit disappointed. I felt REALLY GOOD out there; we’re talking better than 13th place good. But, you can never guess what the judges are looking for, and I did my best, which is what counts.

After my last photo shoot of the week Olivia arrived on Wednesday night and was introduced to the strange world of fitness: fake tanning crap, fake nails, no food, and endless hours of stress and practice. She was a total trooper and stayed to watch and cheer through EVERYTHING. And some of those days of competition got to be quite long.

We stayed with Maggie and Lisa, who were absolutely awesome for letting us take over their apartment, and I had Maggie’s car all week! By the way… if you are looking for a new car, get a hybrid. You’ll save a LOT of money. So thank you SO much Maggie and Lisa, you guys were awesome.

Emily was my other landlady during my stay out in LA. Thank you so much for sharing your apartment and Halloween Candy Em!

Sunday was our chance to be tourists. I took Olivia to Meridian, the greatest health club in LA (especially because I used to work there, hehe). We had lunch on Mullholland and tried our best to hunt down some stars. Not much luck though. We then drove out to Malibu for some relaxing at my favorite beach. Because of my stupid cold I didn’t surf all week. L After Malibu we hit up Rodeo Drive for some window shopping. I decided it is much too complicated to be rich. Things go in and out of style WAY too fast. Plus some of the fancy stuff looks so friggin’ goofy. I’m totally happy wearing sweats and workout clothes everyday. After Rodeo we picked up my props from Hollywood and Highland (where the show was held) and drove back to Maggie’s in time to catch our red-eye flight. Man do those suck. I’m sill recovering from mine.

So overall it was a rewarding, but exhausting trip. This time around I really realized how happy I am to be a Wisconsin girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home