Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Cleanest Aid Staion! Yeah!

Ironman has come and gone for yet another year. This year it went smoother than ever! I had an AMAZING group of volunteers... and we actually won cleanest aid station! Yeah baby! Way to go guys! The day started around 7am with getting stuff together, finishing music, etc. We finally were packed up and home by around 1 or 2 am. Talk about a long day! I felt like I did the whole race! Okay, maybe not quite that bad... but I was pretty tired and sore. My lifesavers for the day were Ken (he stayed all day and did most all of the lifting), my Dad (he was there all day too!), and Ben Barwick (he picked up garbage for 8 hours straight!). Rumor has it Madison will have Ironman for 5 more years... hopefully one of those I'll be in it! Ken and I were talking about the possibility of doing the race together. I think that would be so fun! I just have to wait for a time in my life when I'll get some time to train. That's a LOT of work those folks go through all year. The race itself is NOTHING compared to the training that goes into it. Congrats Ironman of 2005. You guys are amazing.

This weekend Ken and I are running the Dog Jog... supporting the UW Vet School. I get to run with Joe and Stacey's dog Zeus. I'm so excited! If you are in the Madison area and are interested in the fun run, visit: http://www.dogjog.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home