Monday, July 25, 2005

Are We Still Rolling???

This weekend of rolling wasn't as super as the World Championships. I won a few matches and "rolled really well" (got two falls on both last year's and this year's world champs... but that doesn't make a difference when they win the match) but still placed lower than I know I am capable of. In the boom run I took fourth place by one stinkin' hundredth of a second. But the good news (for the log rolling world anyway) is that EVERYBODY is amazing this year. Not just one or two people. We all stepped up our games, and it's showing. I have to keep reminding myself that I do this sport for FUN... sometimes it's a bit hard when the tournament we go to isn't fun. I could go on and on about why it wasn't fun, but I'll leave that to Olivia. She did a good job. And she also did a good job talking about it all the way back to Madison. hahhahahaha... it was too funny. The highlight of the day was most definitely the Dairy Queen stop on the way home. Dairy Queen always makes things better. mmmmmmmm, DQ.

The good news is the next two tournaments should be an absolute blast. Hayward is always tons of fun, and I get to miss three days of work! After that is a tournament up in Grand Marias Minnesota.... way up by lake Superior. It will be my first year, but I heard everybody had a blast last year, so I can't wait!

Sunday we taught a make-up log rolling class, then murdered our legs on the boom run. After eating way too much at Qdoba, Ken and I stole boxes out of recycle bins for.... MOVING DAY! That's right folks, we'll be living in sin in exactly one week from today. And I can't WAIT! Our apartment is right on the lake, with a beautiful view... and an ice cream shop right behind us! Okay back to work, but that's the weekend update!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home