Sunday, July 10, 2005

The Not-So-Great Outdoor Games

Warming up with Olivia before the log rolling competition.

After a long hot, weekend full of hurricane delays and sweat, I can't say I had a great time at this year's ESPN Great Outdoor Games. But I also can't say I didn't try my hardest. ESPN uses single elimination for all events, and I got matched up with the best of the best in both log rolling and boom running. My first (and only) log rolling match was against Katie Hoeschler. It was a great match, but she was the victor. I ran against her sister Abby for the first round of the boom run. We had a photo finish, but they gave it to Abby. But I did have my fastest boom run ever, and although the numbers say I tied for 5th, I actually had the third fastest time. That is why I hate single elimitation...BUT it needs to be made for TV, and they pay our bills, so no complaining here. Okay... maybe just a little bit. ;) Ken was absolutely amazing. He has become the greatest coach, and helped me keep my head together throughout the entire weekend. We even got to spend a super-fun day at Disney World! I'll post pictures and more about that later. So to make a long story short... I am very happy with my performance last weekend, but quite disappointed in my finishes. Luckily there are MANY more contests this summer for me to prove myself. I know I'm a better roller than I've ever been, now I need to show it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home