Monday, October 21, 2002

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

See, here's what happens.  I get a little behind on posting here, then I never want to post anything because it would turn into a novel. 

Let me quickly catch up:

  • Did a Lumberjack Show in Ohio, met Randy, got a free pair of Arborwear pants, and ate too much Kettle Corn
  • Took my American Counsel on Exercise (ACE) exam in Chicago (and passed...yippee!)
  • Taught many cardio karate classes
  • Worked many hours at Supreme

That leaves us at a week ago when my boyfriend Miles came to visit.  Not everything went quite as planned, but we still managed to have a blast!  We went to Fright Fest at Six Flags Great America the same day he arrived.  There were no lines!  It was great!  My transmission decided to go caput, so that Saturday was spent dealing with that.  We eventually rented a car and drove up to Minneapolis so he could visit the Law School there.  Sunday we stopped at Great Wolf Lodge on our drive home and spent a few hours at the Indoor Water Park there.  Monday I showed him around campus and Miles got to sit through one of my incredibly exciting Biomechanics classes.  Tuesday Miles visited the Law school here in Madison, while I enjoyed a fun-filled day of class. 

The rest of the week was fairly normal (as normal as my days get I guess).  I spend most of last weekend working at the health club, and Saturday watched some of my kids roll at the Round Robin River Rat Roll in LaCrosse, WI. 

So this morning I had a special treat.  I was invited to be the guest speaker for an all-school fun run at Prairieview Middle school in Sun Prairie, WI.  They donated the proceeds of the run to the Huntington's Disease Society of America, as well as the American Heart Association.  I was given the honor to speak to the kids about two of the most prevalent topics in my life: Huntington's Disease and the importance of Lifetime Physical Fitness.  When I arrived at the school, a huge banner read, "Welcome Shana Martin"!  I was so excited!  Posted all around the school were posters describing the sports I participate in as well and information on Huntington's Disease.  After I talked, parents, teachers, and all of the students ran a mile and a half, followed by an awards ceremony.  I want to say a HUGE "Thank You" to Sue, Nancy, and the rest of the staff at Prairieview for hosting this event. 

Alright...that's the update.  Tonight I teach cardio karate, and study my butt off for my two exams this week.  Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home