Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Fall Blahs

I think it's that time of the year... time for Shana to get a cold. It's not too bad yet, but mine usually start slow. Dangit Dangit Dangit! It's like 10X harder to diet and run when I'm sick.Okay, complaining is over.Last weekend I won the title of Ms. Fitness Natural Wisconsin. So I normally would be all excited and all, except for the fact I was the only fitness competitor. BUT I was VERY happy with how my routine went. I was able to really get into it, and had a lot of help from the enthusiastic crowd. Now my confidence is back up, and I will be MUCH more comfortable at Fitness America Nationals. I leave for LA in less than a month! How scary is that! I'll be staying with Maggie... who is being the GREATEST friend ever to let me crash at her place for a week and save big bucks. Plus she lives right on the beach! Olivia may even be coming out for my last weekend out there... so I can show her around town, and have somebody to surf and go to tapings with!

Last Sunday my dad was wonderful enough to drive us up to the La Crosse Round Robin River Rat Roll kid's log rolling tournament. The Madison kids did GREAT! Nice job guys! Olivia and I helped out, and also took a nice jog through La Crosse on that BEAUTIFUL fall day.

This weekend Ken and I decided to race in a 15K. Do you know how long that is? 9.4 STINKIN' MILES!!! I've never run that far before, but I guess this is a good start if we're doing the Madison Marathon this May. Hopefully this cold will calm down before Sunday.

Saturday night we're going on a candlelight hike at Mirror Lake State Park. Should be fun... and hopefully not too cold! And during the day Saturday we're harvesting the pumpkins we grew this summer, and carving them! Maybe I'll even bake pumpkin seeds. Not really sure how to do that... but I'm guessing you just stick them in the oven....

And sorry I forgot to mention last time... congrats on your new condo Erin and Bob!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home