Thursday, June 30, 2005

1 tournament down... 5 more to go! The Midwest Log Rolling Championships were a huge success! Things were a bit stressful in the morning for the amateurs, but settled down in the afternoon. And so many pro women showed up! Only two were missing! And... I got third! I thought for sure with all of those pros there it would be doomsday for me. But no! I won matches! Now I can at least enter the ESPN Great Outdoor Games and World Championships with a little more confidence. We finished the boom run, and it held up just fine for the contest! I actually took second place out of all 10 women! And yes, it was my own boom run, but I only got to run it once!
And Super-Ken placed 1st in the Novice division, so with our first, second, and third place finishes, we got to keep one of each of the trophies we spend hours slaving over! Did I mention we made them from SCRATCH?!
A PhotoJam from the tournament can be seen at:http://www.shockwave.com/rd/photojam4/?3470631/1119755344580_755
A HUGE thanks to John Hallett for putting this together!
This week has been full of training. Lots and lots of log rolling and boom running. I can not even begin to explain how excited I am to have my own boom run here in Madison. And it wouldn't' have happened without Ken's help.
We leave for ESPN GOG (at Disney world this year!) this Wednesday, and I'll stay the week. I log roll on Thursday July 7th and 8th, then boom run on the 9th. I'll be sure to post air dates and times once I have them. But I am in both events once again. Olivia will also be log rolling... HOORAY! Ken, my dad, Heather, Amy, and I will hit up Disney World on Friday, then I'm going down to see my Grandparents in Sarasota on Sunday. It will be a busy week! Wish me luck!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you might well expect from me, I wish you all the luck in the world at the Games and everything ! The Photojam slideshow was great even being small pictures, you know how I am about big pictures ! We sure need a bunch of new pix for the websites. Best of luck and be careful !

7/01/2005 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home