Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I guess now is a good time to talk about my awesome weekend... to lighten things up a bit. So much fun was had! On Saturday morning we got up early and went to the Farmer's Market. Last weekend was "Cow's on the concourse" where they had all sorts of dairy exhibits and cows everywhere! (Yeah, yeah, out of towners laugh it up, but we're proud of our cows.) Ken taught me how to tell the difference between the breeds, and pointed out many interesting facts about Cows. As long as I don't have to stick my hand up their *ss, I'm all good! At Cows on the Concourse, we came across a cream puff eating contest. So what do we do? ENTER! I had to be blindfolded while I fed Ken Cream puffs. He bit my stinkin' finger! You have to be careful while feeding the lions... I could hardly eat any (I HATE cream puffs) so I ate one, then stuffed the other in my mouth and spit it out when people weren't looking. I think we won, but everybody got the same prize. It was a punch card to the Wisconsin Dells. We get to do Noah's Ark, Tommy Bartlet, Riverview Park, Dells Boat Tour, and more all for free! Totally worth the tummy ache. It was so funny because we had to walk into the capitol building (closest bathroom) COVERED in cream. We got more than a few stares. After the Farmer's Market we had the first log rolling open house of the weekend. We had a few new folks come and try, but mostly rollers from last year. Saturday night we went mini golfing and I won yet ANOTHER free game! Plus Ken helped me master my putting skills. For once I didn't knock my ball off of the course! I was so proud...Sunday morning we roller bladed to Dog Fest at Alliant Energy Center. Holy cuteness! There were dogs EVERYWHERE! It was such a fun event where people could bring their dogs to play games, have their speed checked by radar, and try every kind of food and treats on the market. They also had all of the local rescue groups set up. I spent plenty of time with the Greyhounds (my goodness they are great dogs) and decided I need to get a house sooner than later. I think we were the only ones there without dogs, but we probably had the most fun! We made it back in time for the second log rolling open house. More people came on Sunday, and we had a blast! We then went to get Ken some soccer shoes (for log rolling spikes) at this new store Big Toe Soccer. Now he has some shoes to start working on! Sunday night we went to see my mom and watched a (semi-boring, but very thought-provoking) movie called "Emperor of the Sun." Monday morning it was up bright and early for another "Shape Up with Shana" news segment. Ken was nice enough to get up and be our "Kayaker" for the show! Enough babble, now the important message for the day (yesterday)... HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEN!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home