Monday, November 12, 2001

Yeah, so I haven't written anything here in a while. But go figure, when I'm really busy and have a major exam to study for, what do I do? Write in the blog!

I got my Black Belt a week ago! How cool is that? I probably still couldn't hurt a fly, but hey, it goes better with the uniform. (kidding) Also, people have to call me Miss Martin now. How cool is that? Okay, actually I don't really like that. Anyway, I'm getting certified to teach cardio karate, then I will start masters team classes, as well as teach cardio.

I'm actually going to be a TA next semester! It's not bad $ either! I will be working with the adapted fitness class, the one I help out in now where we put people with special needs on exercise programs. I will actually get to be a TA! So, maybe it will be a bit dorky, but it will bring in some $ and be rewarding!

Mike and I went camping at Mirror Lake State Park last weekend for our one-year thing. It was so beautiful! The park wasn't huge, so we managed to hike most of the trails in a few hours. We (okay...Mike) made a nice fire and cooked way too much of a yummy dinner. The stars were SO pretty...I asked Mike to look at them and spin around until he puked, but he didn't go for that one. :) Anyway, it was nice during the day, but it got pretty stinkin' cold at night. My mummy bag was nice and warm, but I ran into a bit of a problem...I had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. So instead of just going and getting it over with, I tried to sleep. I ended up not sleeping for quite a while, until I finally got up and went. HOLY COLD! The nearest pit toilet was about three blocks away...I was wearing sandals and there was frost on the ground. So that's the one camping bummer...getting out of your warm cozy sleeping bag.

Today I met with the advisor to figure out the rest of my college plans. They are actually going to let me out!!! I have it all figured out so that I will graduate December 2002. I will do my internship at the UW Sports Medicine fitness center this summer, as well as working at Supreme. It is SO COOL to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel...I don't know how much more of this school stuff I can take.

Goodnight!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home