Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Recent Updates


With Jim Lovell of Apollo 13



Why no blog posts in so long? Other than my cool trip to Kennedy Space Center which I will chat about today… there really hasn’t been anything eventful going on. I’ve been spending a lot of quality time with friends and Ben, rehabbing my knee, planning HDSA events, and working at the gym.

My knee is recovering well, and I am now allowed to do some Stairmaster and elliptical. I finally feel like myself again! I’m still having a few issues with scar tissue and swelling, but overall things are going very well. I can’t wait to log roll again!

Thanksgiving was very special this year, as my dad and I were invited to join the Greene family for their feast. We had a BLAST playing Apples to Apples and charades. I cannot thank them enough for the fun evening. Friday morning I woke up around 3:30am (oh yes I did!) and braved the early morning crowds to get some sweet deals. Yes, waking up that early is very rough, but honestly… it’s great to get all of your shopping done in 3 hours then go back to sleep! I wake up thinking it was a crazy dream, but then see all of the cool stuff I got! And as usual, 90% of it was for me. This year’s neato gift to myself? An iRobot Roomba vaccum! Totally not needed, but it is in the running along with my GPS and Pantech Matrix phone as one of the coolest gadgets I’ve ever owned.

About a month ago my dad and I went on an adventure to Kennedy Space Center to hang with about 30 astronauts! My dad spent several months preparing me for the event by having me watch Tom Hanks’ series, “From Earth to the Moon” on a weekly basis. That really did come in handy when I finally got to meet the Apollo astronauts. I’ll keep this short… but here are some highlights from the trip: - Realizing there are people out there more dorky than my dad.
-Asking Dee O’Hara (nurse to all of the astronauts) who the best looking astronaut was.
- Seeing the Blue Angels fly about 200 feet above us, thus setting off hundreds of car alarms in the Kennedy Space Center parking lot.
- Watching Buzz Aldrin have a few too many at the dinner.
- Seeing my wonderful Grandma in Sarasota.
- Riding the world’s tallest skycoaster (300 feet high!)
- Realizing I can’t say no to, “Common Shana, do this for your daddy.” *see above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home