Thursday, September 18, 2008

On my Butt

Tuesday I went in for my ACL replacement surgery. I survived the slicing and dicing and slept most of the day high on drugs. :) I cannot thank my dad, Erin, and Ben enough for helping out in that first 24 hours. No surprise, Dr. Graf did a spectacular job and luckily nothing else in there needed to be repaired.

I had quite a bit of pain immediately after surgery and on the drive home, but once I got settled onto my new huge comfy couch and hooked up to my ice machine, I was good to go. On top of that I just bought a new flat screen HDTV; something I thought I would NEVER own. But my dad talked me into it, and I’m actually quite happy I got it, especially since Melissa has Charter HD Cable. Now I can see Jay Leno’s pores. Yum.

Most of the last few days I’ve spent sleeping, but I have been getting a bit of reading and writing done as well. I’m also keeping busy with my physical therapy exercises. I was SO PROUD that I could bend my knee past 90 degrees and straighten it all the way out the day after surgery! This is a good sign for a fast recovery.

The highlight of my day so far was finally taking a shower. It felt great! It is a bit of a process saran wrapping and duck taping a big old bag over my leg. But the extra work was worth it! Then Erin stopped over to bring me a fabulous lunch. Thanks Erin!

So the week carries on with me sitting on my butt sleeping/reading/typing/and watching TV. I CANNOT WAIT to get back on a log! If you are in the area, please feel free to stop by, I love company! Thanks for all of the well wishes, and I’ll be up and around as soon as possible!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How can i get details for Physical Therapy Jobs?

12/02/2011 3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home