Sunday, July 27, 2008

World Champion x 3!

Rolling against Taylor in semi finals at LWC


Yep, I’m even having trouble believing it. Just over a week ago I was on crutches crying into my Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. And today I just won the 2008 Log Rolling AND Boom Running World Titles in Hayward. How did it happen? I have no freaking clue. Well, yes I do. I had the greatest support system anybody could ask for, and I never lost my positive attitude. This past weekend was of course memorable because of the wins, but even more memorable because of the friends. Damn I’m lucky.

I’m exhausted, so I will keep this really short (I know… THANK GOD, right?).

Thursday night: Coops Pizza with the gang. We were all too sleepy to even carry on a normal conversation.

Friday: Day 1 of competition. I had a fun match with Jenny Cobb and fell in on my first boom run time trial. I blamed my knee, but honestly, it was my head. That night we saw BATMAN! Great movie!

Saturday: Day 2 of competition. Didn’t have to do anything until the night show, so I did laundry at Taylor’s house and played with her wiener dogs. Yay wiener dogs! Tay and I then watched the choppers do their thing. In the evening show I had two great matches against Abby Hoeschler and Taylor Duffy. I won them both to make finals in log rolling. I had a much better boom run time trial which squeaked me into finals for the boom. That night we had a GREAT dinner at Famous Dave’s then went to the competitor party at Old Hayward. Olivia looked hot, Stirling caused trouble (you are SO DEAD next time I see you), and Taylor chased boys.

Sunday: Thanks to nerves there was not much sleep the night before. My legs were sore as hell. Thank god for Nathan’s foam roller. I ran my butt off in the boom run finals and miraculously won my first boom run world title. Yes, I know, my amazing doctor told me I wasn’t allowed to boom run. Wow am I ever glad I didn’t listen to him. Recovered my legs for a great log rolling match with Jenny Atkinson. We got down to the #4 log and I won 3-1. I ended up taking third in the overall lumber jill competition, which log rollers rarely place in! I am still in complete shock. We said our good-byes (this is the toughest part of the summer) and Olivia and I reflected on the amazing weekend during our long drive home.

Thank yous to: -All of my dear lumberjack friends. I cannot imagine life without you guys. Next summer cannot come soon enough.
-Duluth Trading Company. I am proud to represent such a wonderful company. And without your help, many of the contests I did this summer wouldn’t have been financially possible!
-Olivia, for being my 24/7 support system and putting up with my insanity. -All of the volunteers and staff at LWC.
-Erin, for being forced to listen to all of my dumb stories over the phone after the weekend was over. Thanks for acting interested!

Sorry this was so choppy, I am truly exhausted. I am also suffering from what Jason calls P.E.D (post epic depression). Once again, back to reality.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!
-is

7/30/2008 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home