Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Paintball for a Cause!



Sorry I’m a bit delayed about getting this post up, but I wanted to at least include one picture. A few weeks ago, up in Hudson Wisconsin, I had my first paintball experience! I was the spokesperson for the “Hunt For The Cure” charity paintball game! This was my first experience with paintball, and boy was I really thrown into it! The Wild Bunch Paintball team and Splat Tag Paintball did an amazing job of putting this all together. It was an 8 hour “Big Game” with several 30 minute scenarios which led to finding the “cure” for Huntington’s Disease and winning the game.
I got sick of just standing around picking my nose, so the Wild Bunch boys suited me up in top of the line paintball gear, with a super fancy gun. After taking a few practice rounds, I went out in the field. Lucky for me, log rolling buddy Tyler Berard was also playing, so he acted as my coach/bodyguard. That sure didn’t stop me from getting shot though! The shot didn’t hurt anywhere near as much as I thought it would, just a really quick sting. Although the one on my neck wasn’t my best memory of the day! I played for a good four hours and had a blast!
At the end of the day I got to help pick raffle numbers for the door prizes, and thank everybody for their help in raising money for the Huntington’s Disease Society of America. I also have a new appreciation for the sport of paintball!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home