Tuesday, March 14, 2006

My Achin' Body!

I'm finally back into the groove! Ken and I are rock solid into our marathon training. We did our first 11 mile run on Saturday! Let me tell you... it was fun, but MAN was I hurting after! Ken led me through a fun loop, which totally soaked us with mud.

Sunday morning I got the grand idea to finally buy my own skateboard and go skateboarding. Bad idea. I don't know if it was the new board or if my legs were still jello from running the day before, but I crashed over, and over, and over, and over again. I think I'm starting to annoy the punk 13 year olds, but they can deal. I went through this same crap with every other sport I started fresh at, so hopefully it will come with time. I just hate being covered in bruises! After skateboarding, I limped to the Nat for Ken's basketball tournament. By the time I got there, somebody had elbowed him and given him a black eye! We made quite the pair. He still played some mean basketball though! BUT, lunch at Laredo's always makes life better. :)

So now I'm back to some more hard core training: running 4 days per week, log rolling 3, lifting 2, and skateboarding 1. And it feels GREAT! Minus the bruises, sore back, tight calves, and jello legs. :)

I hope everybody is doing well, and don't forget to vote for Ace on American Idol!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home