Tuesday, May 16, 2006

No Marathon For Us

Since our 18 mile run a few weeks ago, Ken has had some major I.T. band issues. He wasn't able to run more than 2 miles without major pain. We decided last Saturday to load him up with drugs, and do 20 miles no matter what. Despite his system being full of Advil, he could only make it about 3 miles before the I.T. band pain became unbearable. At the time, I figured I would just run the marathon by myself. I mean, we have been training for months, and running insane distances. Then I realized that this marathon is something we wanted to accomplish together. It would be no fun for me, and not fair to Ken if I ran this. Plus, there is a log rolling/boom running contest in Michigan the same weekend. I always have so much fun seeing my friends, and competing, that it will be worth missing the marathon. Plus... I'm in amazing shape! I'm running faster and longer than I ever have. So this training was definitely not a waste of time. Now we have to concentrate on getting Ken's leg better and plan another marathon. Hawaii? Disney? Who knows! Log rolling season... here I come!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home