Saturday, January 18, 2003

Middletown, Connecticut

So here I am in Connecticut.  Moving was a pain in the butt!  Two days of driving followed by moving all of my heavy crap upstairs.  Kitty was pretty     funny through the whole trip over.  Within an hour she had ripped open her carrier box and was roaming free in the car.  The vet gave us some drugs to relax her during the trip, so she spent most of the time sleeping in the passenger seat.  It was pretty funny watching her walk sideways in the hotel room though!

My primary reason for moving out here is to test out my skills as a track coach.  All through college I had my mind set on working in a health club setting as a personal trainer, fitness director, etc. but now I’m opening my mind up a bit more.  I received my Level 1 USATF coaching certification and if things go will, I will get my level 2 this summer.  So far I am having a blast!  The kids at Wesleyan are great!  Everybody has such an interesting background and are very well rounded. 

I also took a job at WOW Fitness in West Hartford Connecticut at a personal trainer.  I will be spending most of my time there.  It is defiantly a culture shock working there compared to Supreme.  Everybody acts…well different.  I won’t go into details, but I have already decided that I probably belong in the Midwest.  Anyway, it’s a fantastic facility, and they offer super fun classes too!  The other female trainer that works there is a pro fitness competitor!  It’s so neat to have somebody to talk to about fitness competitions…that actually understand!  There is also a much higher population of bodybuilders around here as well.  Maybe it’s the lack of beer and cheese that Wisconsin is so famous for?

I spent most of the day today cleaning the house and now I’m off to learn a bit more from Karen at WOW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home