Thursday, December 12, 2002

Almost Over!!!

My last day of classes EVER.  WAHOO!!!  And what a day it was...

    During adapted fitness Tim (the professor) asked if I am starting to get emotional about being done with school and going to Connecticut.  Of Course I have to be all studly and say not at all, that I was pumped to be done (when in fact, I cried walking past Camp Randall Stadium last night).  So anyway, I was walking to another room to check up on some of the students and I saw a Felly's Flower guy.  So I totally had to go watch him to see who he was bringing flowers for.  They were for me!  Half a dozen roses!    The card read, "In deep appreciation for seeing us as individuals and treating us as a family.  Your dedication is part of our achievement. -Adapted Fitness"  The clients and Tim were responsible for the flowers.  Then they all clapped for me and wished me luck.  I totally had to leave the room, it was way too much.  What a wonderful feeling...I couldn't have had a more wonderful graduation present. 
    The next class period Brian came in with an ER bracelet and his finger all tied up.  He was biking to McClain and fell off of his bike.  He didn't notice anything so he biked the rest of the way there.  When he got there, his glove was all bloody and there was a lump.  Then the trainers cut his glove off, the finger was pointing in three different directions!  The thing had been dislocated at all three joints AND came through the skin!  YUCK!
    When I returned from all of that, I got a message from Miles...he convinced the insurance company to pay me $1,200 for my transmission!  It's a long story, but basically a local auto shop here in Madison ruined my transmission while installing a new radiator.  Miles took it upon himself to pursue the matter...and after two months of hard work...he got my money back!!!
    Tonight I finished (pretty much anyway) my Christmas/Chaunamus shopping.  Yippie!  Now I have that shopping headache...you know the kind I am talking about. 

    Last night I volunteered at the local Planned Parenthood here in Madison.  All we did was fold newsletters, but I got to meet some really interesting folks.  We also watched a video about abortion before it was legal.  *I'm about to get a bit political here, so if this stuff bothers you, please stop reading.*  The ignorance of some people to think abortions need to be made illegal sickens me.  Before abortions were legal (contraceptives were also illegal at this time) many women who were told, they would die if they gave birth, were raped, or were very sick, were still refused proper abortions.  Abortion is NOT used as a form of birth control.  It is an emergency procedure that every woman should have the right to.  I wish all people were made to see that video.  It shows what women had to go through, and will have to go through again if conservatives get their way.  No human should ever have to experience that suffering. 

Okay, done blabbing.  I'm off to teach logrolling.  Have a great evening everybody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home