Thursday, January 02, 2003

Vail, Colorado

Right now I am in Vail, Colorado and loving it! I flew into Denver on New Year’s Eve and Miles and I drove up here. We are staying at his friend Grant’s family’s home (mansion?). The place is beautiful! It overlooks the slopes on a mountain of it’s own and there is a fresh layer of snow on everything everyday! Anyway, being the dumb blonde that I am, the first thing I wanted to do was go for a run. Keep in mind that where we are is about 2 miles above sea level. So I jogged about a block and was totally out of breath. Pretty embarrassing. So I continued my pathetic walk/jog for about 20 minutes and called it quits. We went with Grant to see Gangs of New York, which I really did not care for (too long, lots of violence, Leo didn’t remove enough clothing, etc.) then we were off to party for New Year’s Eve. We went to a few parties with Grant’s family, and then we headed off to Kaltenberg Castle in Vail. There was a techno DJ and we danced the night away.

On New Year’s Day I went for another run, which went a little better. Then I took Mario…oh wait, gotta talk about Mario! He is this Great Dane that is almost as tall as me! Anyway, I tried to take him for a walk until he saw a Yellow lab. He pulled me for three blocks down the snowy road! My first skiing experience in Vail! After wrestling him away from the other Dog, we all drove into the village to hang out. Miles and I looked in the shops and ate some great food. That night we decided to go tubing on top of Lion’s Head Mountain. Was that ever a blast! They pulled you up the mountain while sitting in your tube, and then they had different lanes for you to tube down. I think I tweaked my neck a bit on one of the runs, but oh well!

Today we are getting ready to go skiing. This will be my first time downhill skiing ever. See, by the time I had reached age 16 and still never skied downhill, I was too embarrassed to try it out and look like the only teenager that couldn’t do it. So here I am, 22 years old and I’m going to look like tool in front of all these pros. Bah, who cares, I look like a fool all the time anyway! K…gotta go put my warm duds on! Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home