Tuesday, November 27, 2001

Hello Hello! I hope all had a great Thanksgiving. Mine was AWESOME! Let me tell you, I haven’t had a weekend where all I did was eat and sleep in ages! Plus it was great to be with my family again. My cousins Heather and Amy are getting so old, they are totally different every time I see them! The actual Thanksgiving dinner in Kentucky was a bit different though. People there don’t quite act the same as people in Wisconsin do. But hey, it’s great to meet all different types of people, even those that say things like "Hunker down and git me some corn" or those that don't use utensils to eat. And then of course, after Thanksgiving Heather, Amy, and I did way too much shopping. Let’s just say I think I’m set for clothing this winter. :)

Now for the exciting news (not that Thanksgiving in Kentucky isn’t exciting…)…I have a new kitty!!! I got her on Wednesday from the Dane County Humane Society. I really just went to look, but when I saw her I knew she was the right kitty! If anybody is ever interested in getting a pet, it is best to go through the Humane Society. First off, she was already spayed and had all of her shots. Then I get free cat food and 10% off of all her supplies from Mounds. And to top it all off, I get 50% off her first vet visit! She is SO DARN CUTE too. She looks just like Cleo, but a lot smaller. We figured she is about a year old…and full of energy! She walks around my apartment like she owns the place, and has already decided to scratch up most of the furniture. I guess Mike is going to build her a cat post next week…hopefully we will have some furniture left by then. Next week I’ll get some pictures of her and scan them in. Oh yeah, her name is Kitty…I know, not super original but better than Frank (that’s what Doug calls her).

Tomorrow night Mike and I are leaving for Abilene, Texas. We are going to spend the weekend working privately with coach Don Hood at his house. How cool is that? Hopefully we will both learn a lot. This is my last year pole vaulting and I really don’t want to blow it. So I’ll be missing a few days of school…YES!

I’m off to go climbing at Boulders with the Kinesiology Club! Bye Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home