Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Go on a Donor Date!

Donate!

It has always been my philosophy that no matter how wealthy we are (or are not!) donating our time and resources is what gives us all a purpose in life.  The Downtown Madison Kiwanis Club has helped me expand my giving beyond the Huntington’s Disease Society of America, and I’m having a blast! 

Now that it’s been over a year since my return from Africa, I am once again eligible to donate blood to the American Red Cross.  I’ve only donated one time before my African adventures kept me off of the eligibility list, and wow does it feel good to help out!  It was the below video and some nudging from fellow Kiwanians to get back in that lead me to sign up again.



Peter has been a regular donor so we made a date of it.  Hey, it was free and the cookies were phenomenal!   The American Red Cross can use everybody’s help, and honestly it doesn’t hurt that bad.  Just don’t forget to come in plenty hydrated!

Here is the link to set up your appointment:


So when is your next romantic “blood donation” date?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home