Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Third Place


With Taylor Duffy After Finals

…ain’t so bad. The sick feeling in my stomach left shortly after the last blog. All it took was more time with my wonderful girlfriends. I ended the weekend in third place, with another run I felt really good about. Even with my third place finish, I still had the fastest times of the weekend, which once again, made me feel much better. On top of that, I got to see Taylor Duffy, who has been training her ass off, bring home a gold medal. Taylor really deserves some payoff for all of her hard work and life changes she has made.

Once again, I cannot thank the folks at STIHL enough for putting on these amazing events for us. They work so hard to make sure we have the best time possible, and make us feel so important! I cannot WAIT for next year’s STIHL Timbersport Series.

Probably the greatest thing that came out of last weekend was this newspaper article. My life ambition is to raise awareness about Huntington’s Disease, and Troy Johnson of the Ledger-Tribune did a wonderful job supporting that. Please take a moment to read his article. Thanks Troy.

Monday started off at 3am heading to the Atlanta Airport. Unlike Utah, I did NOT stay up partying all night with my favorite ladies. I hit the sack early and am glad I did. I met up with JR Salzman in Minneapolis, and then we flew out to Seattle. We picked up our rental, exchanged our money for Canadian monopoly money, and drove up to Grouse Mountain in Vancouver.

I’m currently sitting at the Lumberjack Show site on Grouse Mountin during the Can-Am log rolling championships. Yes folks, Darren put together quite the competition. On Canada Day 4 of the top Americans and 4 of the top Canadians are competing against each other for the Grouse Mountain title. Darren has been absolutely wonderful for us, and we’re having a blast!

Tonight we have a big BBQ in Vancouver and I’m guessing with these Canadians it will get pretty crazy! Time to kick some Canadian butt… more updates to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home