Saturday, June 07, 2008

It’s Boom Boom Season



Booming with a beautiful background in Lehi, Utah Photo Credit: ESPN.com


Now let me just get one point across very quickly. Us girls can refer to our event as the “boom boom” but when some eccentric old man asks “what time is the boom boom?” that is just strange. So please call it the boom run.

I’m hanging in my hotel room here in beautiful Lehi, Utah. Beautiful is an understatement. As I learned over 10 years ago during my whitewater rafting trip on the Green River, there is no prettier state. Not too often you can run the boom with snow capped mountains behind you.

The event has treated me quite well so far. I’ve had the fastest times of the weekend, and will compete in finals later this afternoon. It’s quite simple… training pays off. No doubt about it. Ask me how I feel about all of this training in a month, and I may have a different answer for ya. :)

The next 10 weeks are booked solid. You ready for this?

June 14th – 15th: HDSA Wisconsin board meeting and log rolling open houses at Lake Wingra

June 21st – 22nd: Midwest Log Rolling Championships for Huntington’s Disease in Madison

June 27th – 29th: STIHL Timbersport Finals in Georgia (Missing my 10 year high school reunion for this one…)

June 30th – July 6th: Week in Canada to compete at Gross Mountain, BC; Longview, WA; and Slocan, BC with the boys.

July 10th – 13th: Women’s Tri Fitness World Challenge in Las Vegas

July 18th – 20th: Cathy Savage’s Chicago Fitness Camp

July 25th – 27th: Lumberjack World Championships in Hayward, WI

August 2nd – 3rd: Ms. Fitness North America in Chicago, IL

August 8th – 10th: Huntington’s Disease Fundraiser with the Red Sox at Fenway Park

These events will most definitely help keep a smile on my face and my stress levels high. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

I’m going to take a quick nap before finals tonight… updates shortly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home