Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ups and Downs
Laser Tag in Chicago. Yeah, don't mess with me.
Life is full of them, eh? The past few weeks have been quite eventful, but it seems as that is how my life goes. The first bit of excitement was being hired by MTV to be a fitness coach for the show “MADE”. It was a huge honor, and I was really excited about the project. After a few times filming, the main character in our episode decided to drop out of production. Thus Shana no longer is a fitness coach on MTV. I swear I am not a liar, but in recent times it really looks like that: my spot on the Tonight Show and my spread in Muscle and Fitness never turned out either. Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut about things until they actually happen? Oh well, I’ve had plenty of marvelous opportunities in life to spend time complaining.

Ken is still a vet in Appleton, and it’s still killing me. I’m thrilled he’s happy, and that he has an amazing job, but its tough being apart; really tough. On top of that our poor Frankenstein (our adorable kitten) has more tumors. His cancer is back. He’s only three, totally healthy, and it just isn’t fair. But this is all part of life. I understand you can’t expect your pet to live forever, I just with Frankie would.

Another “down” was not being cast onto the show “Gladiators”. But a gigantic “up” came from that… I made a wonderful new friend while in line for the 10+ hours that day. I went back down to Chicago last weekend for a Health and Fitness Convention, and Kurt and I hung out both nights. It’s hard to find somebody who is willing to do completely immature things and act like a total goof without much help of alcohol, but Kurt was just the guy! We ate insane amounts of Mexican food, spent way too much money bowling, smoked a bunch of high school kids at laser tag, then heckled the knights at Medieval Times. A weekend I totally needed. So ladies, if you are looking for a winner in Chicago… Kurt is your man.

Now things to look forward to…

HANSON TONIGHT! If you know me you know I have a scary obsession with the Backstreet Boys and Hanson. Tonight I was able to talk my dear friend Amber into attending their concert with me. Poor thing doesn’t know what she is getting into. I had the amazing opportunity of meeting the guys back in 2005 when I worked on the Wayne Brady Show, and they were insanely friendly and laid back. Unfortunately my beloved Isaac is now married with one child and another on the way, so I suppose I should respect his marriage and not throw myself at him tonight. We’ll see. :) Poor, poor, dear Amber.

Next weekend I’m headed out to Boston to get my choreography from two of the most amazing fitness choreographers in the world: Cathy Savage and Paula Harvey. I am so excited about my music this year I could just pee my pants… but I will try not to on stage. I train with Cathy and Paula on Thursday and Friday, then for the weekend I’m going to hang out with the amazing Dave Jewett and Jason Berry at the Stihl Timbersports Series Collegiate Championship in New Hampshire. No log rolling or boom running for me, just watching the choppers do their thing! This will be yet another needed weekend away.

More to come later. I’ll give everybody the dirty details about the Hanson Concert. Maybe this is why nobody reads my blog??!!
Have a great weekend everybody… spring is coming!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course we read it ! It's just that they are so far apart anymore, that we don't aways check it every day like when you started it !
Oh, my Lil'monster is about ready to pop ! I'll send pictures ! Looks like she'll have half a dozen ! Shouldn't be much longer.

4/15/2008 7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home