Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Women's Tri Fitness: Day 2

Whew! What a day! I woke up sore as heck from the routine and box jumps the night before, but the worst was yet to come!
The obstacle course was quite a challenge, but I managed to drop 11 seconds off from my time in Vegas! I was thrilled! And my hands didn't even tear apart!
The shuttle run kicked my butt, but I do believe I cut some time from my run in Vegas.
The bench press was quite a disappointment. In Vegas, the number was calculated wrong so I only had to do 65# (as many reps as possible). If I had done the math on my own (60% of my body weight) I would have realized that 65 was much too light. Anyway, I trained with this weight for the past several months. When I was called up to bench press, they announced my weight as 75#! Needless to say I didn't do as well on the bench press as I would have hoped.
The overall results were amazing. I WON the routine round, which personally, is a HUGE achievement, and I am thrilled. I actually placed 7th in the obstacle course and I believe 6th in physique overall. Here is the best part... I took SECOND PLACE overall! That routine really saved me!
I'm currently in Sarasota visiting my grandparents and uncle. I'm actually typing this at my grandparents' retirement home, so I have to be fast! Tomorrow I fly out to Hollywood, CA for the Fitness America Nationals. Wish me luck!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home