Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Famous Dave’s? Yes Please!

But before you read on, check out the “Appetite For Life” episode I filmed with the Travel Channel’s Andrew Zimmern. Pretty fun eh?

Yet ANOTHER fun lumberjack weekend has come and gone.
This past weekend I flew up (literally, I took a one way flight because I’m sick of that drive) to the twin cities for some redneck Minnesota fun. Friday evening we had a lovely bonfire complete with cheap beer, and discussion of how to cut up a deer. Yum. Luckily the company was fantastic, and now I have more fuel added to my “make fun of Minnesota” fire.

Saturday I was able to hook up with the amazing trainer Leigh Crews and sit in on her Group Suspension Training Course in Burnsville, MN. She is a fantastic teacher, and my excitement about Fitness Anywhere and teaching others about Suspension Training keeps growing! If you are a personal trainer, physical therapist, or coach looking to become a certified TRX trainer, sign up for my full day Suspension Training Course in Madison on August 8th!

Sunday I rode over to Hayward, Wisconsin (whew, finally back to civilization) with the Berards. They must have gotten the memo from my dad that all I do during car trips is sleep because they had a nice bed already made up for me in the back seat! Thanks guys!

The first (and hopefully annual) Namekagon River Roll Off was a huge success! Many rollers from all over showed up to practice their rolling and booming skills one last time before the world championships. Despite being a bit sore from my TRX training the previous day, I still managed to get a second place finish on the boom run (with another classic dive for the dock that resulted in a bloody elbow and hyper extended knee) and first place in log rolling! The best part of all of it? I won dinner for two at Famous Dave’s! That prize totally trumps any prize money we could have received. :)

A few busy days of work, then I am headed back up to Hayward for the Lumberjack World Championships. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Finsofts said...

Best Wishes for your success..

Keep Going..

Finsofts Website

Blog:


Designing Tutorial
Breaking News

7/28/2009 8:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Keep Going...Do the best, then victory will be yours.
Cedar Software Technologies

5/11/2018 5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home