Monday, February 05, 2007

Life of Craziness… Part 1: Ken is a DOCTOR!

To say life has been busy recently would be a major understatement. Days are filled with long hours at work ('tis the busy season at the health club!), tons of working out (keeps me sane), and endless other activities. But as usual, I'm loving life! Being busy is GREAT, although I really wouldn't mind a vacation.

The first bit of super awesome news… Ken passed his boards! He is now just a few short months away from being Doctor Goldrick DVM! No, we have no idea where we will end up. But if anybody has a wonderful mixed animal practice in the Madison area we are most definitely interested!

To be quite honest, I am scared to death. I've already hopped all over the country, and I am very happy with Madison. My entire life is here; my family, my perfect job, log rolling, and all of my dear friends. But I also can't be selfish and tell Ken he cannot take the job that would be ideal for him.

Anyway, I am very happy for him. 4 years of vet school is quite the stressful trip, not just for him, but me too! This is a wonderful feeling, and graduation will be even better!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

correction, he is a VETerinarian

2/19/2007 6:11 PM  
Blogger Shana Verstegen said...

and a VETerinarian is still a doctor. He had to go through just as much schooling, and learn about not one species but hundreds.

3/05/2007 7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like "anonymous" who commented on 2/19/07 has some issues and is ignorant to the dedication, commitment, and hard work that is involved in becoming a veterinarian.
Obviously, this person has not done it or knows anyone who has completed the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree; otherwise, he/she would not be so condescending to this valued occupation which serves millions of people.

3/07/2007 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home