Monday, March 25, 2002

So, I’m in LA right now. I LOVE California! I’m still seriously thinking of living here someday…
Nothing way too exciting has happened so far. We arrived on Friday afternoon, practiced, and crashed. The next day was our fun meet, at CSUN. Everything that could have gone wrong did. Our poles were lost by the airline. If anybody can explain to me how a huge 14-foot long tube can get lost…I’d like to know. It is now Monday, and they still haven’t been located. Anyway, we had to borrow poles, which is VERY scary; plus they didn’t have the poles I needed. On top of that, we had a strong wind. This was our first time outside vaulting since last May. Even better…it started raining halfway through. I have no idea how I still managed to clear 11 feet, but somehow I pulled it off. Guess I will have to get my butt into gear this week if I want to make it to Nationals.

Yesterday (Sunday) we all went for a run at Malibu Beach. It was so beautiful! After the run us vaulters walked around the rocks with Spencer and found all sorts of starfish and crabs. It was a beautiful day! After the beach we went to Santa Monica Pier. I got a henna tattoo around my belly button. It looks pretty sweet. That’s probably as close to a real tattoo as I will get. :) When we got back I fell asleep pretty early.

This morning Christine and I got up and biked for a while, then studied by the pool. Practice today was HELL. We still don’t have our poles, so we vaulted on the other team’s poles again. We vaulted for a long time, then lifted super hard. So not only am I super sore and tired, I’m also fried like a lobster. One day I will figure this sunscreen thing out…
Tonight I’m going out to dinner with my dad (he is also out here on vacation). After the week is over, I will hop off the plane in Minneapolis and spend the weekend with J.R. and Travis, logrolling and having some fun. Being is California is wonderful. It’s really getting my mind off of my problems. If any of my professors are reading this…can I stay here a bit longer please?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home